Categories

Sunday, June 10, 2012

PODCASTS


The office that I do most of my work at is a 40-45 minute commute away if rush hour traffic steadily moves and the jeepney doesn’t break down. This commute for two years has become kinda a drag but some visiting friends from the US recently introduced me to podcasts which I have simply never really picked up on. They are amazing! Oh, and free! Of course many people already know this about podcasts but I wanted to share my favorite so far. #1 Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me is a hilarious podcast that has quick games and talks about a variety of topics and current events. One of the guys on the show does a legendary impersonation of Obama. Another is Freakonomics which if you haven’t read the book and it’ sequel, Superfreakonomics are amazing. Other quality podcasts so far are Planet Money and Radiolab. They have made my commute much more easier to bear!! Oh happy days! 

2 comments:

ajapasha said...

You should read Survival of the Sickest. It is so good! Its about how certain disease helps us to survive our environments. So interesting.

Matthew and Krystal Klebes said...

I actually have read Survival of the Sickest and found it interesting. Although I seem to remember some of the theories a bit of a stretch. For example, if you are in a group traveling to a new place and you began to feel tired and want to slow down you would yawn and because yawns are, "contagious" others would yawn and begin to feel tired and slow down as well so you can keep up with the group.